Friday, December 16, 2022

The US Flag — Sad


It’s really disturbing to me that the MAGA devotees have changed to my view of the flag. They wear it on their buts, wave it at rallies while shouting for the overthrow of democracy or while storming the Congress calling for the death of their own elected officials. They change my view of the flag as I see it in my daily life.

Now when I walk by houses flying the flag my reaction is negative. I see the flag and think, "there's a right-wing wacko living here" even if there isn't. It really makes me feel bad that the symbol of what should be a great, caring country has become the symbol of radical anti-democratic thinking.

IT makes me think of raging MAGAers wearing the flag on their butts and sitting on it in disrespect. It makes me remember the MAGA supporters who stormed the US Capitol on January 6 using the flag as a weapon against the police trying to protect our elected representatives. It represents everything I dislike about the radical right-wing stoked by the Greed Over People (GOP) party since the rise of Little Lying Donald. And it makes me worry about the future of our democracy.

It makes me feel ashamed to be an American and that makes me very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listening to Change

“Real listening is a willingness to let the other person change you.” ― Alan Alda, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Le...